The call for abstracts is now closed
Thank you to all authors who have submitted an abstract to present at the 9th Australasian Newborn Hearing Screening Conference.
The review panel is currently reviewing all submissions with acceptance notifications to be distributed shortly.
Please note the committee will not accept late abstracts.
- The two sides of care: clinician well-being when working with infants and their families
- Utilising the systems and infrastructure of screening programs for innovation, research and efficiency
- Quality improvement along the newborn hearing screening pathway
- Improving outcomes for children through early detection and intervention
- Innovation and frontier advances for children with hearing loss
- Screening during early childhood and beyond: target populations, approaches, interventions and justifications
Tips for Conference Presenters
Please refer to the following information if you are presenting at the conference. Further information will be posted to the website as planning proceeds so be sure to check back regularly for updates.
All presenters are required to register for the conference by 14th April 2017.
It will be assumed that any presenter not registered by this date has withdrawn and their presentation will be removed from the program.
The abstract submission portal is now closed whilst abstracts are under review.
Authors who submitted an abstract by 28 Februrary 2017 are able to log back into their accounts.
17 March 2017
14 April 2017
Plenary, Concurrent, Workshop and Symposia presentations
- Concurrent and symposium oral presenters will be allocated 20 minutes for presentation and questions.
- Workshops sessions will be allocated 60 minutes for presentation.
Please provide any specific audiovisual requirements to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your presentation should be created and presented in PowerPoint. Each meeting room will be equipped with data projection facilities, lectern, microphone and a laser pointer.
An audio visual operator in the room will control the presentation, lights and audio and will be able to assist you with any questions. Please ensure you take the time to familiarise yourself with the technology prior to your presentation.
Please ensure your presentation is brought to the conference on a USB stick for uploading.
PowerPoint Presentation Tips
Find out how to design a great PowerPoint presentation here.
- All text should be in PowerPoint, preferably in light text on dark background
- Powerpoint should be in 16:9 aspect ratio
- There should be no more than 5 x 1 line bullet points per slide
- Optimum title text is 45 – 55 points and no smaller than 36 points
- Body text should be at least 26 points
- Avoid UPPERCASE letters as they are hard to read
- lease keep to the time limit of your presentation
Speaker Preparation Room
Please proceed to the Speaker Preparation room at least 4 hours prior to or the day before your presentation. A technician will be available in the speaker preparation room to load your presentation and to discuss any audiovisual queries you may have. You will also have the opportunity to practice your presentation. If you are not providing slides for your presentation, please advise the AV technician in the Speaker Preparation room 4 hours prior to your session.
Cancellations and substitutions
Please avoid late cancellations or substitutions as marketing material including the conference handbook and program with the speaker’s name and organisation will be pre-printed and cannot be removed at a later date. If you need to cancel or substitute speakers please inform Conference Design at email@example.com as early as possible.
Electronic posters will be prepared in PowerPoint (1 slide 16:9) and displayed during the conference on large flat screen monitors in the exhibition & poster display areas and on the Delegate App.
The ePosters will rotate automatically and each will be shown for one minute. Delegates will be able to pause posters to view them in more detail. There will also be an index to allow delegates to find an individual poster. In addition ePoster will be featured on the Delegate App along with the submitted abstract document and author bio.
At least one author listed on the ePoster abstract must be registered for at least one day of the conference (Friday/Saturday) for the ePoster to be confirmed.
Accepted ePoster authors must submit their ePoster slide using the correct template via the link provided below.
Upload ePosters here
Use this template to prepare your ePoster slide
ePoster Hints & Tips
Please use this as an example only, use the above template when creating your ePoster.