Thank you for chairing a session at the 10th Australasian Newborn Hearing Screening Conference.
Please check the online program to re-confirm the day, time and room of the session/s you have been allocated. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish all presentations on time and keep to the order in the program.
BEFORE THE SESSION
- Review the abstracts for your session which are available via the online program.
- Use this information to introduce the speakers. Ask the speaker how much of his bio he/she wishes for you to use. Generally 1 or 2 sentences is sufficient.
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the presenters, familiarise yourself with the room and introduce yourself to the AV technician.
- There will be a space reserved for the session chair in the front row of each room with time cards (5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute), and a bell for signalling the end of each presentation. Please use the lectern microphone to introduce the presenters and at the end of the presentation for questions. Thank each speaker at the end of their presentation.
- Each presentation runs for 20 minutes (which INCLUDES 5 minutes for Q&A), 5 minutes has been factored into the program for changeover and movement between concurrent rooms. Audience members wishing to move in or out should do so quietly during the 5 minute changeover.
- Advise the presenters that you will be signalling the time and ringing the bell when they need to stop.
- Presenters should have loaded their presentation slides in the online folder prior to the session. If a presenter arrives with a USB to load slides, please direct them to the AV technician. Technicians will be roaming between the session rooms to provide assistance and troubleshoot technical issues in the unlikely event these arise
- Presenters will be asked to sit in the front row so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session. The housekeeping notes will be left for you with the notes and cards.
DURING THE SESSION
- Begin the session on time, announce any housekeeping and ask that all electronic devices are turned to silent.
- Please use your phone to keep to time.
- Introduce each presentation with the title, the presenter, the presenter’s affiliations and biography overview.
- If a presentation is withdrawn or a presenter does not arrive please DO NOT bring the next presentation forward, use the time for questions. Delegates will be planning to come to your session based on the published session times. You will be given further instructions by the Conference Organisers, if an alternative presentation can be arranged in time.
- Ensure each session starts and finishes on time. The length of each presentation is listed in the program. It is very important that you do not delay the start of the session by waiting for latecomers
- At the end of each presentation please invite questions from the audience if time allows. If the presenter has used all their allocated time please do not include questions.
If you have any queries or require assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference or visit the registration desk during the conference.
The Australasian Newborn Hearing Screening Conference has been endorsed for:
Day 1 = 6 points
Day 2 = 5.25 points
Endorsement number is CPD1819060.
Important: If claiming points delegates are required to sign in to every session. A list is available at the back of the conference session rooms. If you have any queries, please ask at registration.